Dr. Michael Burrow
General Ophthalmology, Ocular Surgery and Complete Medical Eye Care
Dr. Burrow attended the University of Utah where he studied Biology. He then attended medical school at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine where he was accepted into the Physician-Scientist Training Program – an extended training program with an emphasis in clinical and laboratory research. He then returned to Utah and completed his medical internship at the University of Utah, and his ophthalmology residency at the University of Utah’s prestigious John A. Moran Eye Center.
- Born in Salt Lake City and grew up in Heber City, Utah
- His wife, Stacee, also grew up in Heber City
- They have one daughter
When Dr. Burrow is not caring for his patients, he enjoys many different hobbies and activities, usually involving his immediate and extended family.
Dr. Burrow’s honors and awards include the University of Utah President’s Scholarship, Howard Hughes Medical Institute Fellowship, election to the Gold Humanism Honor Society, election to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, The Keverline Memorial Award for Excellence in Ophthalmology, and many research publications in respected peer-reviewed medical journals. His research topics have included cataract surgery and other ocular surgery techniques, intraocular lens biocompatibility, novel therapies for corneal scarring using corneal stem cells, and improving diagnosis and treatment of various ocular diseases.
Dr. Burrow is a member of the Utah Ophthalmology Society, Utah Medical Association, American Academy of Ophthalmology, and American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
General Ophthalmology | Complete Medical Eye Care
- Including conditions such as refractive error, cataracts, dry eyes, glaucoma, retinal disease.
- Including diabetic retinopathy & macular degeneration.
- Surgical and procedural focus of cataract surgery.
- Combined cataract-glaucoma surgery, pterygium, corneal surface disease, trauma, among others.
- University of Utah, John A. Moran Eye Center – Ophthalmology Residency
- University of Utah Healthcare – Medicine Internship
- University of Pittsburgh, Physician Scientist Training Program – M.D.
- University of Utah – Bachelor of Science, Biology; Magna Cum Laude